Wednesday, February 1, 2012

How to easily remove that stubborn glitter polish

Hello Mariposas!!

Glitter polish has been trending for a while now, I wore it in the 80's and still love it now, however removing it can be a challenge!!  After attempting and failing, piles and piles of shredded cotton balls later, do not despair, help is on the way!!  I saw this on a blog and thought I'd share what I learned as some of you may dread the process of removing the gritty glitter off you may decide against...GLITTER...
PERISH THE THOUGHT!!
 })i({
First, you'll need either acetone (the stuff used to soak those old acrylic claws off) or nail polish remover.
Second, cotton balls or pads your choice
Third, a narrow strip or aluminum foil 
Fourth, a scissor to cut the cotton and foil

BEFORE
Your tools, here I used acetone but you can use regular nail polish remover.
Use the scissor to cut the cotton balls/pads and aluminum foil, then lightly soak the cotton with acetone or nail polish remover.

Place the soaked cotton on your nail and wrap the foil around each finger - tin man style.  You may want to do one hand at time, it gets more difficult to keep them on one hand and position on the other.  Let it bake for about 10 mins and VIOLA!!  No more glitter!! Let me know how this works for you and as always...thanks for reading!!       








2 comments:

  1. Good ideas for removing glitter! I just had glitter on my nails, and I seriously had to wait for it to chip off.. Ughh!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it I have came back to this for reference twice already.

    ReplyDelete